Provides licensed nursing services to the Assisted Living residents, following the guidelines provided by Senior Lifestyle Corporation. This position reports to the Director of Nursing and may be required to supervise other staff positions.
• Responsible for medication administration for the Assisted Living residents in compliance with Federal & State regulations and Senior Lifestyle Corporation guidelines.
• May be responsible for the admissions of new resident to include all admission assessments and documentation.
• Responsible for completing acute and long term care plans.
• May be responsible for clinical system tracking eg. Wounds or infection control under the direction of the director of nursing.
• Provides general consultation regarding health-related concerns within the community.
• Notifies physicians and/or family members of any change in resident’s health and provides proper documentation.
• Responds quickly to all emergencies.
• Maintains close communication with all departments and staff members.
• Provides educational meetings for residents and staff.
• Understands roll in the Safety & Disaster Plan.
• Maintain confidentiality of residents’ and prospective residents’ information.
• Attends all required training, in-service, and staff meetings.
• Strives to maintain a safe working environment through the prevention of accidents, the preservation of equipment, and the achievement of safe working practices.
• Maintains a positive and professional demeanor toward residents, visitors, families, and co-workers.
• Adheres to all policies and procedures of Senior Lifestyle Corporation.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• A High School Diploma or General Education Degree; or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Must have a Licensed Practical Nurse’s License current in the state in which they are practicing. Also, needs to be CPR Certified.